My passions in life include my faith in God, my family, American history, and a good road trip.

Click here for the scoop on why there is no Interstate 50.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Meeting the neighbors

Our daughter who lives in Georgia is in the process of moving to a new apartment, one that is far closer to where her husband goes to pharmacy school. I think she would not mind my sharing this post from her private blog:

Our new neighbor Terry came over to introduce herself and this was how our conversation began . . .

Terry: "Are you Roman Catholic because you have a lot of children?"

Me: "Actually I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints."

Terry: Blank stare

Me: "Sometimes people call us 'Mormons.'"

Terry: "Oooh, so does your husband have more than one wife?"

Me: "Nope, he's stuck with just me."

Did we mention that our daughter and her husband have two children? Apparently in some circles that is "a lot of children."

No comments: