My passions in life include my faith in God, my family, American history, and a good road trip.

Click here for the scoop on why there is no Interstate 50.

Monday, February 16, 2009

My trip into cyberspace

Now that all of the children are grown and married, Claudia and I have appreciated reading everyone's blogs as a means of keeping up with what everybody is doing and thinking. Claudia doesn't blog herself, but she is an avid reader.

My blogs rather exploded once I expanded beyond this initial one, although a majority of them (15 of the 23 I currently have) are devoted to various bits of family history (my mother's diaries, my missionary journal, family newletters, historical sketches of ancestors, and collections of stuff from our own thirty-six years of family history). Blogging seemed a reasonable way of organizing and disseminating a lot of historical information, of making sure any of you who wanted the various pieces of history would have access to it if our house burned down or I were hit by a bus on my way home from work or any of a number of other things that could happen.

A few of my other blogs are private (such as my current journal, my planner, and my random info keeper, for example). Doing them as blogs gives me immediate access to the information from any computer anywhere I can connect to the Internet. It's pretty handy.

And now, as of last night, I've taken the next step. Thanks to Rebecca's help and the encouragement of several others, I now have a Facebook account. And more friends already than a person should ever expect to have. Is this great or what!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

You rock Dad!

Marina said...

This is awesome and I hope that you keep adding stuff. We have always enjoyed reading the news letters and learning the bits of family history that cant be found anywhere else.. Keep up the good work! I will check back to see if anything is added :)