My passions in life include my faith in God, my family, American history, and a good road trip.

Click here for the scoop on why there is no Interstate 50.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Move from Oregon to Idaho

Fifty years ago today my family moved from Oregon to Idaho. Dale and I, who were seven and nine years old respectively, actually moved a day later. We stayed overnight at our old house on the Oregon-Idaho border so we could finish out the week at our grade school in Adrian. Dale was a first grader. I was in the fourth grade.

Our older brother Gene, who was fifteen, came sometime in the middle of the night, after returning from a basketball tournament in Baker, Oregon, to also be with us. Gene and Kay, who were both in high school at Adrian, would actually not move with us. They stayed with a ward member in the Adrian area, Ad Salter, to finish out the school year.

No comments: