My passions in life include my faith in God, my family, American history, and a good road trip.

Click here for the scoop on why there is no Interstate 50.

Monday, December 24, 2007

I survived yesterday

Yesterday morning two of my sons-in-law, Chris and Paul, gave me a health blessing, and that blessing coupled with a lot of faith and answered prayers made it possible for me to teach the adults of our ward a special lesson on the Prophet Joseph Smith. There were several families who had visitors in town (for example, we had Rachael and her girls visiting for the weekend and Mary visited our ward to see some of her old friends who were visiting their families), so the room was packed. With the help of a microphone, I was able to make myself heard, and the Spirit was there, which is always energizing, so the experience was a good one.

After church, we had all our family (including Grandpa Lange but not Cade, Becca, and their family, who were in St. George) together for our annual Joseph Smith birthday party. We ate our traditional menu of stew (lovingly prepared by Grandma Claudia), cornbread (lovingly prepared by Louise), apple crisp (lovingly prepared by Pete), apple pie (lovingly prepared by Shauna), apple juice (prepared by the apple trees and whoever put the apples in the bottles in the form of juice), and apricot nectar (lovingly prepared by Grandma Claudia). We ate, visited, watched the video The Restoration, and otherwise had a good, noisy time.

Robert called from Malad and had Rachael turn on the speaker phone, and he shared some tender thoughts and feelings he had had today about the Prophet Joseph (he could have taught my lesson this afternoon had he been here).

In the morning, before our church, we had driven out to Murray to attend sacrament meeting in Vince and Mary's ward. They sang in the choir and also did a beautiful job singing a duet.

After all that, I felt wiped out by the end of the day. Pretty yucky. Someday this too shall pass. 

No comments: