My passions in life include my faith in God, my family, American history, and a good road trip.

Click here for the scoop on why there is no Interstate 50.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine's thought

I've journeyed a bit down the road of life, and I want all of you children and grandchildren to know that one could not have a better traveling companion than your mom and grandmother.

She may fall asleep along the way. She may send you down the wrong road--no, wait, that's just when she's with you in a literal car. In the metaphorical journey down life's highway, she never steers you wrong, and she's fiercely vigilant when it comes to those she loves. And her heart is a very big and generous and inclusive one. She just wants every chair filled, no one to miss the train--whatever metaphor you wish to use--so that everyone arrives safely home at the end of life's journey, secure in the arms and the love of our Heavenly Parents.

And that's my Valentine's tribute to her and my Valentine's wish to all of you.

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.