My passions in life include my faith in God, my family, American history, and a good road trip.

Click here for the scoop on why there is no Interstate 50.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The grandest journey

Forty years ago today (on Saturday, August 24, 1968) I received my mission call. The letter was signed by President David O. McKay, ninth President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It called me to the Brazilian North Mission, which had just been newly created during the month before that, and I was to report for service exactly one month later (on Monday, September 23, 1968).

In honor of the fortieth anniversary of my mission, the grandest journey of my life up to that point, I have started another new blog, this one entitled Dean's Missionary Journal, in which I will post entries from my missionary journal exactly forty years after they were originally written. A preface and an introduction have already been posted. I hope you enjoy.

No comments: