My passions in life include my faith in God, my family, American history, and a good road trip.

Click here for the scoop on why there is no Interstate 50.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A bit of ingenuity

Paul and Eliza and their little Peter are currently making their way across the country from Utah to Georgia. Two days ago they called from Sidney, Nebraska, to report they had successfully completed their first day of travel. Last night they called from St. Joseph, Missouri, to report completion of their second day.

They were planning to have Hot Pockets for dinner, but the motel where they were staying had no microwaves or toasters in the room or even in the lobby area. So, in a burst of creative ingenuity, Paul took out the iron and ironed their dinner. Eliza said it worked. And thus the hungry travelers were filled.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

It was one of my favorite moments of our entire trek across the country. I don't think I'll ever forget that we had ironed Hot Pockets for dinner.

Love you :-D